What Are The Best Shoes To Wear For Crossfit
What Are The Best Shoes To Wear For Crossfit?
Crossfit more often than not involves the performance of rigorous activities such as running, weight lifting, wall climbing, rowing, gymnastics, and many more. All these activities are all aimed at getting you in the best possible shape.
This makes it necessary to have a shoe that guarantees comfort, durability, lightweight and offers a great deal of support for Crossfiting exercises through its designs.
Here are shoes whose overall quality and design make them a top-notch choice for Crossfit training.
Best Shoes for Crossfit Reviews
Nike Metcon 4 Cross
Training Shoes For Women
This shoe allows you to perform a wide variety of Crossfit exercises with its excellent features. A great design sets this a world apart from regular running shoes. Lightweight and flexible, it ensures you are operating at optimal speed when performing sprints. Find out more on Amazon.com.
The Nike Metcon 4 just like its predecessors, offers texture mesh upper design and a flat rubber sole that provides high stability and great shock absorption. It helps to reduce tripping during exercises such as burpees.
Adidas Performance Men’s Powerlift 3.1
The Adidas Performance Men’s Powerlift 3.1 (check on Amazon.com) features a rubber insole to provide maximum grip with the floor. Its unique grip makes it perfect for Crossfit sessions that are likely to involve weight training.
A removable insole design ensures comfort regardless of your preference. For a functional fit, Adidas provided an extra-wide design and a cross-over strap for extra support.
Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0 Flexweave Women’s Shoe
The Flexweave feature introduced by Reebok involves a woven upper section. This means the Reebok Crossfit Nano 8.0 Flexweave surpasses its other shoes as far as durability, comfort, flexibility are concerned. It is also much more breathable. More on Amazon.com.
Reebok official sponsor and partner of Crossfit proves once again how committed they are to delivering the best to Crossfit athletes. As they go all out on design to ensure this shoe surpasses the requirements of a top quality Crossfit shoe.
From having a 4-millimeter shoe drop midsole to a low cut design all helping to improve motion and stability, these qualities make the Nano 8.0 a personal favorite amongst Crossfit athletes.
Inov-8 Men’s F-lite 240 Cross-Trainer
Inov-8 is fast becoming a household name and a regular go-to as far as Crossfit shoes are concerned. Inov-8 designs the F-lite 240 with the meta-flex technology, giving you great comfort during and after Crossfit sessions.
To ensure your feet aren’t lose in any way, Inov-8 has gone for a met-cradle lacing system.
Lightweight? Check. Comfortable? Check. Support? Check. The Inov-8 is a must-have for Crossfit
athletes. You can buy them on Amazon.com.
Nike Romaleo 3 Weightlifting Shoe For Men
Though on the high price range of Crossfit shoes, the Nike Romaleo 3 is money well spent. The shoe comes with integrated Flywire fiber system for support, coupled with a mesh and synthetic leather upper.
A wide, strong base and midfoot strap ensure optimal stability. Nike ensures you can depend on this shoe regardless of your training regimen or preferences by adding interchangeable insoles to this masterpiece. You can buy these shoes here on Amazon.com.
Reebok Men’s Crossfit Sprint TR Training Shoe
The Rebook Men’s Crossfit Sprint TR is highly recommended for both professionals and amateurs alike. It provides with a unique blend of key features for Crossfit training. Its low-cut means high stability for users.
A compression-molded midsole means you get a perfect fit with your feet. For comfort, Rebook Crossfit Speed TR comes lightweight with a forefoot cradle. Reebok makes a statement with this shoe as it falls within the average price range for Crossfit shoes and boasts of high durability. You can check the price on Amazon.com
New Balance Minimums 40 Training Shoes For Men
Designed with versatility a priority, the Minimums 40 is a must-have for Crossfit athletes. Check these shoes on Amazon.com. It mimics the cushion and response of running shoes with its Rapid Rebound midsole.
Lightweight is achieved with Revlite at the heel, while stability and grip are obtained with a Vibram outsole.
ASICS Conviction X2
Another versatility shoe you can go for, the ASICS Conviction comes lightweight with seamless construction that is quite eye-catching. A Rynoskin Synthetic Leather upper gives this shoe a high breathability ranking, while comfort and stability are achieved through the use of a perforated sockliner.
Please note that it’s advisable not to use this shoe if you plan on running more than 800 meters.
You can buy these shoes on Amazon.com.
Must-Have Features For Crossfit Shoes
These are features to look out for while picking a Crossfit shoe:
- Minimal Shoe Drop: The shoe drop is the height difference between toe and heel of a shoe. An ideal Crossfit shoe usually has a shoe drop of 4mm. Lower drops help to distribute your weight more evenly.
- Perfect fit: While performing Crossfit training your shoes should provide some form of mechanism to adjust looseness and ensure a tight fit.
- Versatility: Crossfit shoes should be able to handle multiple training sessions and still be highly effective.
- High Breathability: The human body tends to overheat through the feet. During Crossfit sessions your body produces extra heat, making it necessary for a Crossfit shoe to provide comfort and a way to keep your feet cool during sessions. This is achieved through features such as mesh uppers, extra vents, or other forms of special technology.
- Lightweight: Ideal Crossfit shoes should not weigh you down and noticeably hinder your training.
- Hard Sole: Good Crossfit shoes should have soles hard enough to maintain great balance with the floor especially during weight training while possessing enough flex to facilitate comfortable sprinting.
- High Durability: Due to the rigors involved in Crossfit sessions, Crossfit shoes should possess a high level of durability and last for long periods of time without succumbing to wears.
- Great Support: A great Crossfit shoe provides its user with excellent lateral support. Top Crossfit shoe manufacturers always ensure to put in two or more features in their shoe designs that provide some form of support to athletes.
Believe it or not, Crossfit training helps to unlock your body’s full potential. By increasing the strength, 0speed, stamina, and various physical attributes of millions of people, Crossfit has become a way of life.
It’s always best to take advantage of any means that would assist in achieving this success. Which is why Crossfit shoes are designed to not only provide comfort and support but also efficiency during your
About the AuthorDumbbellsgeek
Hey! My name is Paul Sheldon. I live in Nashville, TN and I love all things related to sports. Naturally I love workking out and I do it every day. If you want to talk feel freee to hit me a message or if you happen to be in Nashville we can get a coffee, I know a great place. Peace!